The London Breakfast Club is London Screenwriters’ Festival’s brilliant monthly event in the capital. There you can grab breakfast, listen to a great speaker and network to your heart’s content! Join the dedicated Facebook page here and check out its website here.
The next London Breakfast Club brings us top script consultant Dara Marks, speaking about Engaging The Feminine Heroic. Most writers are familiar with The Hero’s Journey, but its feminine equivalent may be harder to recognise (even for women). Dara will be talking about what the “Feminine Heroic” really entails and how to engage it, all the while underlining the idea that strong stories aren’t masculine or feminine, they are a balance of both.
The London Breakfast Club is just £16 – you can buy your ticket here. OR …
… Since Bang2write campaigns for more varied roles for women and more female protagonists on the silver screen, I’m pleased to say the mighty Chris Jones has allocated a free ticket for one lucky Bang2writer, who will be reporting back on the event for this blog. Want it? Answer this question, by Midday (GMT), Friday 14th September, 2012:
WHO is the greatest female protagonist of all time on the silver screen and WHY?
(100 words maximum, only because I know some of you “go off on one” on this subject! You don’t *have* to write 100 words)
Please make sure you check out the rules below. Good luck!
1) Leave a comment here on the blog (no entries via email, Twitter or Facebook please) in no more than 100 words.
2) In that comment, leave your REAL NAME and if you want/have one, your Twitter handle
3) Please make sure you are available on October 1st, 2012 to attend the event as you will be reporting back for this blog.
4) The judge’s decision is final – and that’s me, baby!
5) The female protagonist of the question refers to the CHARACTER, not the actress playing her & “silver screen” means movies, not TV. Bang2writers are encouraged to check out previous posts on this blog and discussions on the Facebook page when thinking about their all-time favourite and why.
6) The deadline is Midday (GMT), Friday 14th September, 2012.
For B2W offers and free stuff first, join my EMAIL LIST