As a hardcore Final Draft devotee, I haven’t read the book but I know many, many Bang2writers are BIG advocates of CeltX, so figured I’d pass on the details. At £30.84 it’s quite expensive, but then CeltX itself is free and this book promises to help users get the most out of the software. I’d argue anything that helps you with how your script looks on the page is a good investment, especially when poor formatting (with *any* script software!) is STILL very much an issue in the spec pile and *can* still turn readers off one’s work from page one.
Here’s the book’s overview:
– An illustrative guide to writing and formatting professional scripts and screenplays in the only way acceptable to Hollywood producers and agents
– Work with all the powerful tools of Celtx to come up with brilliant scripts for films, documentaries, stage plays, even comic book scripts
– Master other pre-production planning features including storyboarding, scheduling and casting
– Maximize the power of Celtx with helpful tips about both the software and how to sell your completed work
– Part of Packt’s beginner’s guide series – practical, simple and illustrative
If you buy a copy, let other Bang2writers know what you think of it on the Facebook wall or here in the comments.
Buy the book direct here.
For B2W offers and free stuff first, join my EMAIL LIST