Want to write for B2W?
B2W welcomes guest posts on the subject of screenwriting, novel writing, writing careers, best use of social media, submission tips etc (see below for full content tips).
The site is primarily interested in the following:
- Listicles (8 Reasons / 10 Secrets / 5 Mistakes). The vast majority of articles on B2W are Listicles.
- ‘How Tos’. When writing a ‘How To’, the post needs to have a very clear objective and conclusion. Here’s an example, How To Write TV Series Bibles (the most hit post on the entire site daily!).
- ‘X Things I Learned From …’ articles. Have you been to an event; met a top writer, producer or filmmaker; or seen or read something (or something else) that has TAUGHT you important insights or lessons about writing? Then we’d love to hear all about it!! Here are the previous articles in this series, which include writer Julian Fellowes, director Luc Besson, producer Iain Smith and more.
- Round Up posts. If you can ‘theme’ a collection of 10-20 links not on B2W as a useful resource for writers, then please do! Here’s a couple B2W has done already: The Novelists’ Toolbox and The Screenwriters’ Toolbox.
- Quote posts. Every writer needs some added inspiration when they’ve been rejected, so quote posts about writing, success, getting over writers’ block etc are popular on B2W. Quote posts need to have some reflection on what the quotes mean, rather than just a straight list – though how you do this is up to you. Check out all the quotes posts, HERE.
IMPORTANT NOTE on content. Primarily the B2W community is most interested most in screenwriting, but also filmmaking (especially shorts and/or very low budget features); novel writing; diverse and marginalised characters, writers and filmmakers; social media marketing; writing careers; writing inspiration; writing submissions and networking. Though some posts go outside this remit, B2W never ever carries articles about research papers or writing essays.
What is B2W?
Bang2write is a website about writing, but it’s so much more. B2W is a whole community of likeminded people all helping one another. We’re a platform of 35,000+ highly engaged audience members, with potential online reach of 1M, especially via Twitter and Facebook. Follow:
B2W is owned and run by Lucy V Hay, an author, educator and script editor.
Who is welcome on B2W?
In short, ALL creatives are welcome on B2W!! Those from the disabled, LGBT and BAME communities are positively encouraged, as is true feminist critique.
Pro bloggers and freelance writers are also welcome on B2W, providing they understand the community’s content preference and the fact this is an unpaid opportunity (I’m not paid either!). Here’s a list of a whopping 121 sites that DO pay.
Lastly, non-native English speakers are also welcome, but being a writing site, you must be proficient as I don’t have a lot of time to edit extensively. Thanks for understanding.
B2W Style Guide
600-800 wordcount max; no minimums. Infographics welcome.
Please send jpegs separately if there is a specific image you want used. Please be sure you own the image, or provide a rights-free one. For a list of free photo libraries, CLICK HERE.
Hate speech, flaming, complaints, whinging, ‘woe-is-me, the world is terrible and writers are all fascists’-type commentary is NOT WELCOME! 😉
1) Please send a short pitch for an article in the first instance VIA EMAIL.
2) Do tell me a little about yourself and include any links to other articles you feel are appropriate.
3) More detailed submission guidelines can be found HERE if you wish.