Need help? Get free writing resources here
Check out the links below for free downloads, podcasts, video, articles and even free e-libraries on all things writing and inspiration. If you discover any links are broken or wrong, please contact me.
Free PDF Downloads:
Not sure what how screenplay formatting works? Want to know what should go in a one page pitch? Or perhaps you’re looking for tips for your female characters, how to format your ebook, or what to write in your thriller? Then check out the most popular B2W downloads below!
Join Bang2writers on Facebook!
Bang2writers is a safe, supportive space for writers to chat about writing; ask for advice; post inspiration; share links (including their own work); post peer review call-outs; plus share their writing news, such as placing in contests, getting meetings, deal and options — and much more. JOIN HERE TODAY.
B2W is now on Youtube!
New writing tips videos are posted every Thursday. To make sure you stay up-to-date, then SUBSCRIBE HERE to the B2W Youtube channel. Alternatively, LIKE the B2W Facebook page as videos are also posted there as well. Enjoy!
Like what you see? Sharing is caring — please check out my books and/or share my Amazon page online. Thanks!
More articles and tips after the jump
B2W Top 25 Articles
Articles that will help with craft, format, careers, submissions and much, much more:
1. How to Write TV Series Bibles
2. 6 Tips On Writing A One Page Pitch For Your Script Or Novel
3. What’s The Difference Between Horror & Thriller? Case Study: WIND CHILL (2007)
4. How To Put Together A Writer’s CV / Resumé
5. Which Screenwriting Software Is The Best? (Paid For & Free)
6. Top 5 Ways Writers Screw Up Their Characters
7. 29 Ways NOT To Submit To An Agent by BFLA’s Carole Blake
8. How To Become A Script Reader
9. Screenplay Format: The B2W One Stop Shop
10. Loglines Are Not Taglines
11. 5 Openers That Make Readers GROAN
12. 10 Ways To Revitalise Your Scene Description
13. 3 Tips To Get Your Work Solicited Via Email – And Not Blow It
14. 9 Steps To Get Your Spec TV Pilot Written, Edited & Sent Out
15. No Unsolicited Material … So Get It Solicited
16. Are You Making Any Of These 20 Killer Errors In Your Screenplay’s Scenes?
17. Good Examples: Voiceover, Flashback, Montage, Intercut, Dream Sequence
18. 8 Mistakes That Will Kill Your Horror Screenplay DEAD
19. Top 20 Quotes For Writing Success
20. How To Maximise Your Portfolio
21. 6 Ways To Annoy The Crap Out Of People Online
22. How To Write Screenplay Outlines, Beat Sheets And Treatments
23. 7 Things Readers Can Tell About Your Script On Page 1
24. 2 Things ALL Writers Get Wrong In Early Drafts
25. 7 Things You Must Stop Doing If You Want To Be A Professional Writer
B2W Pinterest Boards:
My collections of media commentary, inspiring articles and story starters to get you writing. Check them all out, or view:
Girls On Film (And Beyond) – representations of women in the media
The Boys Are Back In Town – representations of men & masculinity in the media
Novel Writing & Publishing – as it says on the tin, incl social media & self promotion
Indie Film Vs Hollywood – articles, interviews, commentary and other behind the scenes stuff
The Decision: YOUR Story – articles for and about teenagers and the issues that concern them
Issues & Inspirational – medical, social, internet, educational or personal stories
Relationships – Articles about marriage, sexuality, social values
WTF? – Truth is stranger than fiction: those sad, funny, or plain bizarre things that happen in the world
Like This Post?
Then check out my screenwriting books, available in eBook and paperback from Amazon and all good book stores. Click the pics or to look inside Writing & Selling Drama Screenplays, CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to read an excerpt from Writing & Selling Thriller Screenplays about the iconic character of Driver in the movie DRIVE, courtesy of B2W friends Film Doctor. Click on the pic or HERE, to look inside in the front of the book.