Got a ticket for London Screenwriters Festival 2012?
Then make sure you don’t miss out on The Script Labs.
LSF Script Labs are intimate, invite-only sessions with an industry leader in that field – and we have NINE this year to apply for, so make sure you get your submissions in pronto!
I’ve had a variety of questions via email, Facebook and Twitter, so here’s a quick round up:
- YES – You can apply for more than one lab
- MAYBE - You can get selected for more than one lab … Depends on the quality of the work I guess!
- YES – it is me behind the selections, though many of the industry peeps holding the lab are involved in selection
- YES - you can make more than one application to the SAME lab
- YES – you can still apply for the labs if you’re not British, you just need to ensure you’re an LSF delegate
- YES – all work submitted needs to be in the English Language
- YES – if you’re submitting scripts, please ensure it’s in the “right” format (unless it’s for the Steve Ince Lab)
- NO – your script does not have to be a developed work necessarily (check out submissions details for individual labs)
- NO – Script Labs are not “first come, first served”, but the fewer applicants there are, the greater the odds of you getting into the lab
- No – Luke Ryan & The Comedy Lab are not up on the website yet and YES there will be a few days’ grace on that deadline – UPDATE: Luke Ryan’s Lab is NOW LIVE
- DON’T WORRY if you’re a “pay monthly” LSF delegate and haven’t got your ticket number, include your payment info in the email instead
- The deadline is 5pm (GMT), October 12th, 2012
GUB NEAL, “The Producer’s Den” (TV). 6 spaces available. Applications so far: NONE.
STEVE INCE, Writing For Games. 6 spaces available. Applications so far: NONE.
PHILLIP SHELLEY, Creative TV Drama Series. 6 spaces available. Applications so far: 1.
JUSTIN YOUNG, Writing For Holby City. 6 spaces available. Applications so far: 1
COLLABOR8TE, Short Script. 6 spaces available. Applications so far: 1
STEPHEN MAY, Writing Drama (Features & TV). 2 labs, with 8 participants each. Applications so far: 11
LUKE RYAN, Writing For Hollywood (Features). 6 spaces available. Applications so far: 0
Don’t miss this GREAT chance to get YOUR ACTUAL WORK in front of some really great industry names! GO GO GO