Terrible news.

Anthony Minghella wrote and directed two of my ultimate faves, Truly Madly Deeply and The Talented Mr. Ripley and was only 54.

Obviously our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.

Please press the buttons at the bottom to share the page on your social media profiles and/or check out my books. Thanks!

11 Responses to Anthony Minghella Has Died

1. Far Away says:

Yes am totally shocked too..

2. Lucy says:

Variety is saying he suffered a brain haemorrhage after a routine operation, though I expect it will be confirmed later.

3. Charlatans Woes says:

Talented Mr Ripley is one of my favourite films.

Another big talent that’ll be missed.

Such sad news.

4. Lucy says:

I thought it was an absolutely masterly adaptation – I quite liked the book, but loved the film. I don’t normally like Jude Law at all, but was captivated by his performance as Dickie, he was so vile! The fact we feel so sympathetic towards Tom as well when he is SO screwed up is great.

5. MJ says:

awww Truly Madly Deeply is one of my favourite films. That’s so sad and unexpected.

6. Rach says:

I’m really sad he’s gone. He made stuff that made me cry but I’d still watch it again.

By the way Dave’s done his link instead because he didn’t know what else to say. Both in shock.

7. Elinor says:

I wonder what will happen to Number One Ladies Detective Agency. Is it in post-production? He’ll be a hard act to follow.

8. evil twinz says:

Well miffed about this. Another great mind gone too soon. LOVED the English Patient.

9. Paul M says:

Very sad news. Saw a clip of his new film and it looks wonderfully shot.

10. Charlatans Woes says:

From what I remember the No1 Ladies Detective Agency was in post production. I think it’s being shown on easter sunday if i’m not mistaken.